docx files

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbp

Baseband Member
Help, I saved files to usb drive, files created on someone elses word 2007. Now I can't read them on my version of word 2003. I've tried downloading updates and converters. Gets so far and then tells me that it won't install because i need to update. I keep trying but to no avail.
Help!!
Barb

Yes I've tried and tried all upgrades it advises. Still telling me i need something else. I'll come back to it later, really fed up now, but keep the advice coming.
Barb

Online converters will be the only option. Make sure next time when they create a file in any Office 2007 format they use the Save As function and select the format from 97-2003 which is the .doc for documents and so on. As long as there is no X on the extenstion any other previous version of Office will read it.

Email me the files and I'll convert them for you

peterhuang913(@)gmail(.)com

Thanks to all and especially your offer of assistance. I shall copy and paste some of the info. I'm sure I shall need it again.
When my patience is restored I shall try for the 'converter' once more.
Barb
Ps did you get my email?

I got two of the files to convert. The main one, plain front cover, had an error in it. Did you change it in any way after you took it from the USB drive?

I got two of the files to convert. The main one, plain front cover, had an error in it. Did you change it in any way after you took it from the USB drive?

Don't think so!! What kind of error? Used one of the links on this site, 'zamzar' and they have converted for me, so all is well now. Thanks for your interest.
Barb
ps I'm going for an IT course this Autumn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom