active directory 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celticsfan

Banned
Hi, I am looking for a good book that comes with a CD which will contain modules and show you how to do the various things with active directory. Does anyone know of one? Oh, another good thing would be if the complete book was on the CD as well. I appreciate any positive help.

Your best bet will be Amazon or Barnes and Noble. Since most places have already adjusted to Server 2008.

Your best bet will be Amazon or Barnes and Noble. Since most places have already adjusted to Server 2008.

Mak, Just curious as to why you think most companies are using 2008 already? Most companies I have worked for wait a year or 2 before they convert over to a newer OS.

Make, Just curious as to why you think most companies are using 2008 already? Most companies I have worked for wait a year or 2 before they convert over to a newer OS.

This is very true with most companies looking at the cost to train their employee's and to buy the new software many companies do not see the advanage and most will stay with windows 2000 and 2003 as long as possible until Microsoft decide to stop supporting it.

I was not saying that most places adjsuted to 2008 already. I was saying most bookstores and online realitors have made the switch already. They will make more $$ selling 2008 books than 2003 books. Since people want information on 2008 now that it is out for them to research and find out if they wish to update.

I was not saying that most places adjsuted to 2008 already. I was saying most bookstores and online realitors have made the switch already. They will make more $$ selling 2008 books than 2003 books. Since people want information on 2008 now that it is out for them to research and find out if they wish to update.

Now that makes sense, now I see where you were coming from.

Mak, Just curious as to why you think most companies are using 2008 already? Most companies I have worked for wait a year or 2 before they convert over to a newer OS.

A lot of larger companies, like the one I work for, will buy 2008 regardless. Why? Because the amount of servers and AD forests to upgrade is amazing. So, they do the actual upgrade in steps. They will upgrade prod servers with a functional layer of 2008 AD, let's say. Then they will test that for a week and then try another layer. By the time you add up ALL the time it takes to upgrade everything fully to 2008, a year has gone by. Sometimes 2 years because companies want to fit in a certain number of license purchases in certain periods of certain fiscal years. Not to mention that you basically want to do this 2 times! Test(Dev) and then Prod. So, you are upgrading 2 times, testing 2 times, etc. If you are a large company with a huge '03 backbone, you are going to upgrade to 2008 ... more than likely. So, before Microsoft starts breathing down your neck with "EoL jib-jab", you may as well start to upgrade as it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom