Vista SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryc86

In Runtime
I tried searching for the info but couldn't quite figure it all out. Basically SP1 never showed up in my windows update, I looked at my system properties and it is not installed. So I went to some of the recommended links to try and download it and it went all the way through all of the installation process and then at the end said that SP1 did not install and proceeded to revert to previous settings or some such thing. So I did some more searching on here and saw that if it isn't in my windows update then most likely there is a driver problem. Can anyone help me out on what the problem could be and if there is a way to fix it? thanks

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update and is not offered by Automatic Updates

To help ensure a positive update experience, Windows Update will temporarily not offer Windows Vista SP1 to systems that have the following device drivers installed. In some cases, these device drivers are problematic on Windows Vista-based computers when you update to Windows Vista SP1. By installing updated device drivers, you will resolve the issue and enable Windows Update to offer Windows Vista SP1.

Audio drivers

Realtek AC'97 • For x86-based computers: Alcxwdm.sys - version 6.0.1.6242 or earlier
• For x64-based computers: Alcwdm64.sys - version 6.0.1.6242 or earlier

IDT/SigmaTel • For x86-based computers: Sthda.cat - published 12/17/07 or earlier
• For x64-based computers: Sthda64.cat - published 12/17/07 or earlier

IDT/SigmaTel • For x86-based computers: Stwrt.cat - published 12/17/07 or earlier
• For x64-based computers: Stwrt64.cat - published 12/17/07 or earlier

Exceptions for IDT/SigmaTel drivers were made on certain models of Dell, HP, and Sony computers because these drivers were updated to address this issue before the 12/17/07 publish date.

Creative Audigy • For x86-based and x64-based computers: Ctaud2k.sys - version 6.0.1.1242 or earlier
• For x86-based and x64-based computers: P17.sys – version 5.12.1.2004 or earlier

Conexant HD Audio • For x86-based computers: Chdart.sys - version 4.32.0.0 or earlier
• For x64-based computers: Chdart64.sys - version 4.32.0.0 or earlier

Biometric (Fingerprint) Sensors• AuthenTec Fingerprint Sensor with the Atswpdrv.sys driver file – version 7.7.1.7 or earlier
• UPEK Fingerprint Sensor with the Tcusb.sys driver file – version 1.9.2.99 or earlier

Display drivers

Intel Display • For x86-based computers: Igdkmd32.sys – versions between and including driver 7.14.10.1322 and 7.14.10.1403
• For x64-based computers: Igdkmd64.sys – versions between and including driver 7.14.10.1322 and 7.14.10.1403

Other drivers

Texas Instruments Smart Card Controller with the GTIPCI21.sys driver file – version 1.0.1.19 or earlier

Sierra Wireless AirCard 580 with the Watcher.exe application – version 3.4.0.9 or earlier (This application is located in the AirCard 580 Program Files folder.) A solution for this is now available from Sierra Wireless. For more information, visit the following Sierra wireless Web site:
BSQUARE+and+Sierra+Wireless+Collaborate+to+Reduce+Development+Time+and+Cost+for+OEMs+Adding+3G+Cellular+Capability+to+Embedded+Devices%3c%2fbr%3e
Symantec software driver for Symantec Endpoint Protection and for Symantec Network Access Control clients • For x86-based computers: Wgx.sys – versions 11.0.1000.1091 or earlier
• For x64-based computers: Wgx64.sys – versions 11.0.1000.1091 or earlier

Note Symantec is aware of this issue and has a solution. For more information, visit the Symantec web site:
Obtaining an upgrade or update for Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x or Symantec Network Access Control 11.x
Additional Windows Vista SP1 driver information for the Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo LA Notebook (Laptop)

Additionally, Windows update will not offer Windows Vista SP1 to Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo LA 1703 Notebooks that have a BIOS release date of March 14, 2008 or earlier. This corresponds to Bios Revision numbers 8.6T1-0023-M007 or earlier. This block reflects an incorrect power management setting that will be resolved in an updated BIOS revision. For more information, visit the following Fujitsu-Siemens support site:
Downloads - Support - Fujitsu Siemens Computers
Select Notebooks and AMILO La 1703. An updated BIOS (8.6 or a later version) will be posted soon.

So if you have any of these drivers you will not get SP1 to install. Will have to either disable the drivers or find a updated version.

thanks. I got it installed now. Took more than I expected. Windows update did not fix the drivers and I didn't see the ones listed above as being installed anywhere. But I went into the drivers and updated them by hand. SP1 is installed now.

Not on the list....hmmm. Should contact M$ and let them know what drivers you had to update so they can check those and possibly add them to the list.

Either way glad you got it installed. :)

good idea, but I just went and did every single one of the drivers in the device manager. So I don't know specifically which one(s) it was. But yeah it's fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom