Need Advice. What Video Card for Heavy Net Usage and Graphics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

In Runtime
I'm looking to upgrade my NVidia GeForce 6200 128MB with something a bit higher quality.

I don't game any but I do a massive amount of surfing and occasional graphic work. During surfing sessions I sometimes have (10+) windows open with (4-5) tabs open in each one.

My system sometimes bogs down trying to keep up. I'm thinking I've maxed out the 128MB of video RAM. ????

I just downloaded and ran a 3DMark05 and scored a blazing 838 3DMarks!!

I'm just looking for a Video card that will give me the best looking graphics and decent videos (to watch NFL games).

I'd like to spend under $75 or so.

What do you'all recommend ???

Hmmmm in really i wouldn't think the graphics card is really going to make opening 6 browser windows a problem, if anything i'd say maybe the CPU is struggling, you do have 1.5GB ram, mind it is DDR.... Hmm i think maybe a faster CPU would be a better idea, i'm not to good at recommending them so maybe someone else will post and help a bit more.

ya i would say your graphics card isnt your problem right now, and 128mb of video ram is more then enough for just surfing the web. you have enough ram too. you are probably being held back because of your cpu. also try defragin your hardrives.

ya i would say your graphics card isnt your problem right now, and 128mb of video ram is more then enough for just surfing the web. you have enough ram too. you are probably being held back because of your cpu. also try defragin your hardrives.
I hear ya.

I maintain my system (Reg clean/Defrag) routinely so that's not an issue.

So what you all are saying is upgrading my Video card on this system is pointless correct ??

Maybe not pointless, but unnecessary and not what you actually need. I agree with the rest. If you are running a low 2200+ 1.8GHz single core cpu, you most definitely need to upgrade that long before the video card. Any video upgrade right now would only be severly bottlenecked by that cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom