dual channel ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 and i can run dual channel with 2 memory sticks, 3 memory sticks, and 4 memory sticks.

Yeah, no harm intended. This forum is here to educate. Remember for future reference to quote reliable sources. Just because some kid living with his parents, attending middle school writes something on a forum, which anyone can do, doesn't mean it's necessarily true. Try to quote whitepapers like MicroBell said, or quote a website such as ASUS, Microsoft, A-bit etc. Hope this has been a learning experience for everyone reading the thread. Cya around.

as far as in understand you cant have an odd number of ram slots occupied and run in dual channel. it has to be an even number and corresponding slots need to have identical ram modules for it to work.

from my personal exp, i have know this to work. I am not wrong an neither are the people on those forums

No offense, but if your right, site some resources where this information is made public. You waste your time saying it's correct yet all you simply have to do is site a source and your point is made... We are all open minded here so if you do find proof that we are incorrect we won't be upset. Forums are made to help people, not confuse people, prove what your saying is correct and we can all walk away happy. Otherwise, admit you don't know what your talking about and leave it at that. Thanks.

crazybeans said:
No offense, but if your right, site some resources where this information is made public. You waste your time saying it's correct yet all you simply have to do is site a source and your point is made... We are all open minded here so if you do find proof that we are incorrect we won't be upset. Forums are made to help people, not confuse people, prove what your saying is correct and we can all walk away happy. Otherwise, admit you don't know what your talking about and leave it at that. Thanks.

do you know anything. I am trying to clear this up because people like you and a few others cant get it through your head that this is possible. I have done it. People I know have done it. I have built computers for people who have done it, and do you know what it says? DUAL CHANNEL MODE ENABLED. Maybe that means its not dual channel.... Maybe all the people who tried it on those other forums are also wrong. crazybeans, it must be a conspiracy right? wow, go back to beantown. you are sad

Nforce2 and SiS are the only chipsets allowing 3 sticks to be run in dual-channel.

This is my basis for my desision:
the first 2 are one channel and the long dimm slot is the second channel. so say you want 1gig of ram. put 2x256 in the first channel dimms 1 and 2 and put the 2x512 in the second channel, dimm 3. bam, you have duel channel.

keep in mind these all have to be the same kind of memory, just bigger in size.

channel 1 and 2 are the same channel(thats y they tell you to use 1+3 or 2+3 )so if you had 256 in channel 1, 256 in channel 2, and 512 in channel 3 then you have dual channel,1gb total. i know this because on my previous rig (xp3000+ and asus a7n8x dlx) i ran 2x256 and 1x512 in the config that i said and post screen read "dual channel enabled" so it is right and not all mobos have 4 slots the asus had 3.

maybe... all these people are lying, yea thats it. Im trying to protect the nub here. Beans you qualify in this cat. Meaning lets start at the beginning.

This is called a motherboard.
13-127-185-02.JPG

The dimm slots are located in the upper right corner. Going from left to right, slot one, slot two, and slot 3. Not hard?
Heres how it works:

1. 256mb in slot 1, 256mb in slot 2 = single channel.

2. Slot 1, and 2 (yes add them), is one channel, and slot 3 is the other channel.

3. 256mb in slot 1, 256mb in slot 2, 512mb in slot 3 = dual channel.

4. The two channels have equal bandwidth, meaning they are in dual channel mode.

more quotes from people that have been successful...

And I can confirm that the NF7-S runs dual channel with 2x256 & 1x512

I relate you to this woman serperoth here on this forum:
Forum

Again, a conspiracy?

Forum2

Im tired of bashing you. But listen up people, I am right. I will not be denied.
Forums are made to help people, not confuse people, prove what your saying is correct and we can all walk away happy. Otherwise, admit you don't know what your talking about and leave it at that. Thanks.

I agree at the first part. Dont give conflicting facts, because I have proof. So lets walk away happy, and dont imply that I am stupid and dont know what the h377 i am doing. Oh yes thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom