wc kit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
My friend won a danger din kit, and hes willing to sell it to me, new, for 125. This is this kit. Is it worth it?

TDX UNI CPU cooling block,
DDC 12 volt Pump,
Tygon Tubing,
Black Ice GTX 240 Radiator,
Fluid XP EXT Coolant,
120mm fans,
Delrin "T" Fitting adaptor,

man, PM or IM aspire.comptech... hes the man to ask for ANYTHING to do with water cooling... and hes usually a pretty nice guy when it comes to questions... so talking to him would be your best bet...
very few people in these forums ACTUALLY water-cool... so youre not likely to find anyone whos super-knowledgeable... only those who know from what they read/hear... which isnt tootoo bad, but... aspire has the experience to give you a much more definitive answer, i daresay...
good luck :) - RK

Do you know if the water block is the MC-TDX or if it's just the standard.

If it isn't the MC "Multi-Core" your performance will not be as good as it should.

However, here's what I advise you to do.

Buy the kit, sell the block it comes with on ebay or w/e.

Then buy these parts.

Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop

Now I don't know what kind of tubing your friend has as the pump you have listed uses 3/8" barbs while everything else is normally 1/2". It would probably be safe to say your going to need to buy new 1/2" inner diameter tubing.

Like this

Petra's Tech Shop

And then about 5 of these barbs.

Petra's Tech Shop

Once you have all that that will be a great kit.

All said that would wind up costing you about 210 bucks give or take.

There really isn't a huge difference between tygon and masterkleer.

Save for some slight differences in bend radii, they are virtually identical.

Oh I wasn't saying their was a huge different or anything, it's just a suggestion. It's just a brand that I use and that people I know only use.

I use the masterkleer. had to use the reinforcing coil to prevent kinks but works like a charm. i wanted the coil for looks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom