Running low on virtual memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I have 2 gigs of ram...you can see my sig.
When i play crysis, my ram usage goes all the way to like 85%and up and then after a while of gaming it just quits on me and says low ram..virtual memory...something like that.

I've disabled page file...could this be the reason why?

Yes, there is no good reason to turn the page file off even if you have 8GB of RAM. Programs such as Photoshop want to use it even if it has 16exabytes!

well i have one hdd split into 3 partitions...
first one has windows and all applications
the other two are backups for music..setups..movies..etc

and right now i cant even stay in crysis for like a min...keeps giving me errors.

it doesnt matter if u have partitioned your drive, windows uses the PF regardless. Just set it to something like 1 or 2GB to ensure tht gmes will run properly.

it doesnt matter if u have partitioned your drive, windows uses the PF regardless. Just set it to something like 1 or 2GB to ensure tht gmes will run properly.

so i shud set pf on each of those partitions ?
and wat shud i set the initial too if the max is 1 or 2 gigs?

Best to set both min and max to like 2gb, that way Windows isn't resizing it all the time and it stays static. That should improve performance.

you can set the partition anywhere, as long as u reach the right size, but its better to have it all in just one partition, because the pc will find it easier to use one PF rather than three different ones, thus performance should be better

wwell i already have 3 partitions set up on my hdd.

the main local one is c drive which has windows installed and all my applications installed.

The other 2 partitions are just backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom