Worklog: "Spirit of the Dragon and the Tiger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mnpctech

Daemon Poster
1kenpo.casemod.banner.jpg

Hello Tech-Forums members, since I discovered this forum and posted some of our projects, I've met and spoken to a lot of you off list about my business. Some of you requested that I start a worklog here, some also requested I make it exclusive and not post it everywhere else. I look 4ward to doing this, but I must also post it on mod nation forums, because they're my home base I admin.

This is mod project is for an individual inspired by these two masters of the martial arts.

Quoted from Wikipedia

Edmund Parker
(March 19, 1931–December 15, 1990) was an American martial artist, promoter, teacher, and author.
Ed Parker's Bio on Wiki

Ed Parker's American Kenpo or Kenpo Karate is a system of martial arts characterized by the use of quick moves in rapid-fire succession intended to overwhelm an opponent. It is largely marketed as a self-defense system, and is derived from traditional Southern Chinese kung fu and other martial arts found in the cultural melting pot of Hawaii. Parker introduced significant modifications in his art, including principles, theories, and concepts of motion as well as terminology, throughout his life. He left behind a large number of instructors who teach many different versions of American Kenpo.

Kenpo Creed

I come to you with only "KARATE" - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - "KARATE" - my empty hands.

- Ed Parker

Bruce Lee
(November 27, 1940 – July 20, 1973) was an American-born martial artist, philosopher, instructor, martial arts actor and the founder of the Jeet Kune Do martial arts system, widely regarded as the most influential martial artist of the twentieth century and a cultural icon.
Bruce Lees Bio on Wiki

Lee was born in San Francisco, California and raised in Hong Kong. His Hong Kong and Hollywood-produced films elevated the traditional Hong Kong martial arts film to a new level of popularity and acclaim, and sparked the first major surge of interest in Chinese martial arts in the West. The direction and tone of his films changed and influenced martial arts and martial arts films in Hong Kong and the rest of the world as well. Lee became an iconic figure particularly to the Chinese, as he portrayed Chinese national pride and Chinese nationalism in his movies.[2] Many see Lee as a model blueprint for acquiring a strong and efficient body and the highest possible level of physical fitness, as well as developing a mastery of martial arts and hand to hand combat skills. He primarily practiced Chinese martial arts (Kung Fu).

“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”

- Bruce Lee

The case is Lian Li's PC-7 plus. It is in my opinion the best aluminum midtower case for modding. It's simple design makes a perfect blank canvas. It's also manufactured using superior stamping methods and materials. This means you can alter it by adding additional fan holes and windows without entirely compromising it's durability.

Watch My Video Review

Lian Li PC-7 plus
1case.mod.blog.LianLi2.jpg

1case.mod.blog.LianLi3.jpg

I've subscribed too, I want to see how this turns out (because the stupid subscribe function in the thread tools wants to be a pain in the butt and not work)

Thanks gang!

commander, only half of the design will be "Bruce" inspired..

Doing some brainstorming this morning...

This is one idea I had, a top blowhole exhaust/window for the case.. utilizing the Kenpo logo patch worn by Ed Parker. The exhuast fan would be 80mm, making the width of the entire design 7-1/4" wide, so it's proportionate to the Lian Li PC-7plus top panel dimensions. The inner (white) portion of the design would be either clear or translucent colored acrylic window, with the text etched with a Dremel, or utlize frosted vinyl lettering cut on a film plotter that looked like it was etched. Theres so many ways you could approach this, so this idea is just brainstorming.. I may change my mind once I start the actual work.

1kenpo.casemod.logo3panel80final.jpg

Nice work as always. Hey guys I was wondering can you make or at least find some one who makes case stickers I would like to have some to stick on my builds.

Nice work as always. Hey guys I was wondering can you make or at least find some one who makes case stickers I would like to have some to stick on my builds.

My advice browse ebay.co.uk and find a seller who sells loads of decals.

Thats where I found my guy.

-aspire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom