Upgrading intergrated graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunny

Solid State Member
In 06 I bought a Dell Dimension 3100 and due to the intergrated graphics i can't play much games, i was just looking to get the best boost i can get, I dont think i have any x16 slots though, i added a image of the slots i found on my motherboard but im not sure what they are, can you help me identify them and find a decent card please?

Thanks in advance

Slots.jpg

right ok from what i can tell from other sites, it doesn't have any PCI-e or AGP slots, just PCI

so with that in mind the best card you can buy is that. I don;t know anything about it, it will probably be a boost from integrated graphics but i doubt it's that good. Unfortunately Dell computers are not upgrade friendly and from what i;ve from other reviews, especially not this 3100( lack of AGP):

Innovision GeForce FX5200 256MB DDR DVI VGA PCI Graphics Card - Ebuyer

Thanks for the reply, Yah unfortuanly i didn't know how hard it would be to upgrade it when i bought it, Im pritty sure i heard it had a x1 though, i thought it was the small black slot.

According to the specs on Dell's support site, you have two PCI and i PCI-E x1 slot.

HIS has a couple of PCI-E x1 graphics cards on Newegg.

What kind of games are you planning on playing? because the best PCI GPU is the Radeon x1300 and thats not much of a gaming card

EDIT: theres a PCI-e x1 slot? thats not bad, its a lot better than dealing with a PCI x1300... let me look through some

"Pixel shader and vertex shader compatible hardware" Is it possible to get that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom