John Deere Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice use of John Deere Green. Honestly, nice use of colors.

One thing I noticed in ur blog is you said you didnt sand all the origional paint off before you layed the Green. Actually that is good as the origional paint is put on under ideal conditions and will bond to the case much better than we can do.
Once you strip panels to bare metal they are exposed to oxydation and all other types of bad things (like fingerprints) and for proper adheasion the metal needs to be washed and preped with other chemicals before being primered. That adds a lot more complexity and cost to the job.

Nice use of John Deere Green. Honestly, nice use of colors.

One thing I noticed in ur blog is you said you didnt sand all the origional paint off before you layed the Green. Actually that is good as the origional paint is put on under ideal conditions and will bond to the case much better than we can do.
Once you strip panels to bare metal they are exposed to oxydation and all other types of bad things (like fingerprints) and for proper adheasion the metal needs to be washed and preped with other chemicals before being primered. That adds a lot more complexity and cost to the job.

Ya I bought some reflective yellow and some generic green at first, but it didn't cut it. It looked like crap compared to the paint that i got now.

Stalin... ur right, it's practically against the law... guess it's a good thing I am an outlaw lol. but anyways, I love it. I was sitting here looking at the pics and thinking "man that'd be really cool at the county fair!"

Stalin... ur right, it's practically against the law... guess it's a good thing I am an outlaw lol. but anyways, I love it. I was sitting here looking at the pics and thinking "man that'd be really cool at the county fair!"

LOL i never thought about taking it to the fair. I might have to do that and get a few bucks out of it.

you did a nice job painting and stuff but i don't like it that much. It's that you didn't do a good job i just mainly don't like the colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom