GeForce 6, 7, 8 cards finally getting new drivers next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
If you own a GeForce 6, 7, or 8 graphics card and went hunting for new ForceWare drivers recently, you may have been disappointed to find that Nvidia last updated its Windows drivers for those cards in December 2007. Since then, the graphics firm seems to have been focusing on its new GeForce 9 series cards, which have seen regular driver updates throughout the past few weeks.

Well, TG Daily has learned straight from the horse's mouth that Nvidia hasn't decided to abandon GeForce 6, 7, and 8 owners after all. Prompted by a request from a reader, the site got in touch with Nvidia and was told that new drivers for those older cards are currently going through Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs certification process. According to Nvidia Product Manager Chris Daniel, a public release is scheduled for next week.

Several new features have made their way into recent GeForce 9 ForceWare drivers, including new control panel options to let users manage custom resolutions, adjust television color settings, and set screen sizes and positions. Nvidia said the latest GeForce 9 ForceWare release also brought performance improvements in "many" DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL apps as well as support for 3D Stereo technology. Considering some GeForce 9 cards have almost identical GPUs to previous GeForce 8 models, at least some of the aforementioned enhancements could apply to the older cards.

GeForce 6, 7, 8 cards finally getting new drivers next week - The Tech Report

i hope this will help my dx10 frame rates......

sure it'll give you more frames

but depending on the point of frames ur at... will it really make a difference! lol

that is the question here

its like giong for uuber lag --> lag

or is it gonna be lag --> somewhat playable

or even somewhat playable --> playable

its wicked fun. i got a 100 bucks for some work so i was like hmm. video game time! so i picked up the witcher and assassins creed

doenst seem there are any pc games i really care about right now.. well that i don't have

so i picked up a ps3! lol and decided not to buy my new compy until i sold what i have now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom