Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't take any during the process. I thought about it but decided I'd concentrate on building the PC. I'm installing Vista at the moment.

I'm using it right now! :D

It's very, very, very fast. I've not seen or used a PC this fast before. I've not tried any overclocking yet.

CPU temp: 28°C
MB temp: 35°C

Is that good?

:) Glad to hear you're all set up!!

And yes those temps are great...but temp monitoring programs are notoriously inaccurate. The most accurate is Core Temp

Also glad to hear you're satisfied with its performance. Soon you'll catch the bug though and start overclocking :)

I've overclocked my computer! My 2.4GHz quad core processor is running at 3.2GHz. The fans are very quiet (although not completely silent, which they were before) and the temperatures, as reported by Core Temp, are hovering around 56-61°C.

I am very pleased. :D

I could be wrong but I think that's a little hotter than you want the cpu. I've always tried to keep my temps at or under 50C at load.

Try using RealTemp instead of Core Temp. Seems to be more accurate. Core Temp shows my CPU at 60 idle with watercooling while all the rest show 40C.

I could be wrong but I think that's a little hotter than you want the cpu. I've always tried to keep my temps at or under 50C at load.

Yup you are wrong :p

60c is perfectly fine, Intel states the max Tcase temp to be 71.4C, and that's just the IHS...so the cores can get much hotter.

Did you change the voltages or leave it on auto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom