A Perfect New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercutio

Solid State Member
Building a New Computer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My girlfriend tells me to tell her whatever I want for my birthday, she will get it for me. Money being no object. I've been needing a new high quality computer, and after tons of research and various discussions. This is what I have come up with.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 AGP Graphics Card

ASUS "K8V SE Deluxe" K8T800 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Logitech MX510 Optical Gaming Mouse - Red

Ok, so I'm left with two questions that I would greatly appreciate being helped on ^^

-Is this a good setup that will work together well for all the new games out there?

-What kind of memory do I need to get with this new system?

damn homie... that sound GREAT to me!!! and RAM.. get cha Crosairs 1GB PC3200 (512MBx2) !! and have her get you a Maxtor 200GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache Harddrive!! if i were u, id basically just go balls to the wall!!!

ROFL dude your girlfriend might change her mind if she sees the price tag! Is she rich or sumthing?

ok, thats just wrong hinrichisgod . . .

yes, its okay to get a great computer, but unless shes SUPER RICH, then dont push it too much

but if she IS super rich

try for an fx-53 cpu!

and get it on the socket 939 mobo

and get a 20.1" viewsonic lcd with 16ms

corsair xms 2gb (512x4)

creative labs GIGAWORKS 7.1

get a killer case and psu

2x raptor 74gb in raid 0

and a 250gb sata

and a killer dvd burner

and exactly HOW RICH is your gf?

well i have "rich" gf and i wanna see how far I should push a bday present

then again, i'm always the one getting her an expensive gift

damn I need to find one of these rich girlfriends you all have...I'd like some new parts myself. How about putting in a good word for me, I can give you my address for christmas, and my birthday is March 9. Hope to hear from you soon. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom