Finally time to order video card! Advise please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsteffens

Contributor
I know this has been talked about a lot but I just got my check from the fire department and once it clears at the bank into my checking account which will be beginning of next week I am ordering my video card.

I have the ABIT IP35E board and everything else is installed except the video card. Looking to stay AROUND $200 for the card. I have 2 GB of ballistix RAM, Q6600 processor and a 550W power supply in the antec 900 case.

Been searching newegg and there are dozens of cards right around this price. Not sure what to choose but i know you guys can help! 8800GT? 9600GT???

Going to be playing some somewhat "hardcore" games mostly Battlefield 2, Sims and some other simulator stuff but I am certain more heavy games will be in the future.

Advice appreciated going to be ordering sooon!

Thanks all!!

I am totally willing to push the 200 mark if it will get me a definitely better card, i heard really good things about the "GTS" series... according to the reviews on the above mentioned one, there were only to and it was a 50% completely satisfied...

let me know, thanks much!!!!

Because people don't always get the cheap stuff :D that used to be really pricey

and Newegg Reviews are a load of crap anyways

Worse, its the G80 GTS, which is outperformed by the 8800gt don't let the 640mb fool you

if you're going to spend that much more then go for a 9800gtx thats usually around the 300 mark. maybe more towards 330-340 but worth the extra cost imo.

My EVGA 8800gt 512mb 256-bit card that I ordered last week beats every card on this page and costs less than all of them. Don't let the higher memory OR the "GTS" fool you. The 8800gt 512mb buries it.

-DarkPacMan77-

It gets about 8 more frames per second (avg.) stock than my stock 8800gt and uses a ton more power to do so. Yet I can just overclock my card and it matches it while using less power. It also costs less and takes up less room. I wouldn't be surprised if it's quieter too.

Mine buries it.

-DarkPacMan77-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom