If I...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have to try to do it from boot then. This is with Ghost right?? Have you tried PM?

I'm trying PM, but I'm running into some problems there as well...

How would I do it at boot?

You'd have to boot off of a disc in order to do it. Either the Ghost or the PM disc, if you have an installation disc for either.

There should be a option to create a bootable CD to use for imaging. Either that or i think the PM disc should be bootable. I am not sure. I dont know that info. Sorry.

I don't have the PM or Ghost install disk.

So, PM made a copy, but it is not bootable. So I need to use Ghost and do it from boot?

Edit: Now Ghost is letting me do it. Odd. I'll try this.

Hence the reason I LOVE Norton Ghost 14.0, runs perfectly while running windows, but it seems like "backup" is a universal word for both backing up and imageing the drive.

it ask you to set the drive as active after copying. you say yes. restart the machine but you really turn it off and take the first drive out.

or just set the drive as active and do the exact same thing.

Oh, the fickleness of the software gods...

Yeah, yeah.

Okay, so, after cloning, I boot from thye second hard drive, and after the whole memory test thing it says "NTLDR is missing" and wouldn't boot. Help?

So, is it just going to be easier to do a full re-install of everything, and then make all the registry changes and all that again?

Right, so:

No cloning software worked. Usually NTLDR was missing. So, if I install windows of the second drive, and then copy the Documents and Settings folder, will all my settings be the same (my start menu, taskbar, all that) or is that located elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom