windows xp sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
yes, i know that this is the hardware zone, but since most of you use windows xp and this is the most active forum, i decided to post here

anyways, i'm wondering if the new service pack for windows xp is worth it . . . if anyone has tried it, can they tell me if it's good?

then how come i have a friend that has sp2?

and he doesnt even work

i even went to his house to check it out, but the download was running really slow

You can download the network version that is supposed to be for multiple computers but you can download it and use it for one computer. It just has more stuff on it so the file size is a lot bigger. The one that is going to be available on windows update.com is going to be out anytime now. They are releasing it in little areas though so that the servers don't overloaded. The latest they are goign to be released is the 28th.

koldapu said:
then how come i have a friend that has sp2?

and he doesnt even work

i even went to his house to check it out, but the download was running really slow

As NeoNemesis stated, MS released the network installer version last week. It is not inteded for single user/home PCs - and I wouldn't recommending it. You're gonna get a bloated installation with several features that does not pertain to you (non-networked PC).

Your friend probably got the beta version of SP2 ... regardless, there were new features added to the beta version and it's best to use the update feature in XP to upgrade to SP2.

Read here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/preinstall.mspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom