AMD or Intel Quad cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dislike intel's business practices and ethics, which is why i haven't bought anything by them in awhile. although, the performance difference is almost enough to make me switch, but the cost of the cpu i want (e8500) is hindering me from doing so...i just won't spend that much.
plus, i just like the color green.
why do you "hate" AMD?

Thats why I hate Intel, they're got no ethics whatsoever, and they just seem evil to me :D

Atleast AMD didn't try to pull off a full AMD CPU monopoly with Dell like Intel did ;)

but thats why I respect AMD more, they don't try stuff like that

^^ AMD or any other company would do exactly the same thing Intel did. The only reason AMD hasn't is they do not have the market share / money to pull it off.

i dont care who/what the company is/does. i want the ones that perform for reasonable prices. And right now, it just isnt amd.
my old athelon 64 was a trooper though. XD

Also read this. Phenom 9750 and 9850 have compatibility problem with many 780G boards. So, he is forced to buy 790FX-based motherboard which cost more than $150, if you really don't want to have problems
Actually, there are 790X (not FX) and 770FX chipsets.
As well as Nforce 500 series AM2 boards.

look here
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

A lot of boards that don't officially support Phenom still work with it.

Actually, there are 790X (not FX) and 770FX chipsets.
As well as Nforce 500 series AM2 boards.

look here
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

A lot of boards that don't officially support Phenom still work with it.

see I got backup from an AMD Expert, so what I said above was true

not so fast at the bottom

you could still use some AM2 boards, and there are a lot of good sub $150 boards for AM2+

ex: AMD 770 chipset Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
another ex: 790x: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

so you're right somewhat, but not about the board parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom