No Sound on New Mobo... HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

therascalking

Devious Techie
hey all,

i just installed my new Asus Rampage Formula motherboard two nights ago... and i just went to hook my speaker back up... and to my surprise... nothing!
i get zero sound outta this board... i used the mobo driver CD to install the Soundmax Drivers and they seemed to install fine... and im using the SupremeFX II sound card that it came with, its plugged into my PCI slot and lit up...
but i dont know if my comp is recognizing it... or if its not recognizing the speakers that im plugging in...
i know its not my speakers because i plugged them into my ipod and they worked...
does anyone have any suggestions for how to start troubleshooting this?
i just want sound! :(
thanks - RK

You installed the onboard sound chip's drivers/software as well as a separate card but... The first thing to look at is found in the bios setup namely the option to disable the onboard sound there as well as disabling it in the device manager. If the card is good you should then hear sound right away.

You install onboard drivers for a soundcard? figures why it doesn't work.

nono, its the Asus SupremeFX II sound card that came with the mobo... im pretty sure that the drivers for the mobo sound are the same as the ones for the card that it came with...
any other ideas? or where to start for troubleshooting it?

uninstall the drivers you installed, and put the right supremefxII drivers on :p

would if i could find em!
seems to be NOTHING online about the thing...
again, i think the drivers for the card are the same ones that are on the mobo install disk... and ive already got those installed... :( - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom