How to make a CD installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he wants a autorun feature. It is just that they are not easy to do. They require programming. Even just a little bit. Can not jsut take one from any CD and try to use it either. Would ahve to be taylored to use with that disc. That is what i am trying to tell him.

Would just be better off burnign the files with Nero and letting Widnows give the pop up window for them to select their option. If they have Autorun setup that way....

i think he wants an autorun feature. What's in your rar file anyway?:)

once I unrar, there are a bunch of folders and 1 autorun (set up information) and 1 set up programme
what files do I need to burn? there is no iso files there!

Thanks

I'd seen you ignore questions and posts yet you still want answers. answer the questions so people can be more informed on what you are doing

if I have not replied it's because it is not relevant to my problem

ok smart guy. then the answer not relevant to your problem either.

people kill me me when they ask a vague question and wonder why it isn't answered. then they seem to know what relevant and what's not, when they don't know the answer in the first place. I and many other people here could answer your question if you gave more details about the torrent that you downloaded. you don't have to worry about me answering it

Well Autorun will happen. IF you insert jsut a picutre CD or soemthin you will get the pop up.

"What do you want to do with this media"

Then you get your selection. But from the sounds of it he wants it to go right to a installer.

Now to go right to a installer. That would require porgramming. Like if you insert a game and get the pop up menu with the options

Install
View Read Me
Go to website

That is a totally different type of autorun that requires programming. The simple one to jsut get a folder up and then select a installer is not somethin you need programming for. That is what i am trying to find out. IF he wants something complicated like he says, or something simple that he can just burn a CD with.

Because they are programmed with a autorun that gives you that option. Ever put a CD in to your system and all you get in a simple windows?

I know what you want to achieve. But i am trying to tell you that without some programming knowledge you will only get this type of window:

2cc181e4bab38f6e457cab748bed76510072259205_Article93-367x455.jpg

Where it will ask you what you want to do. Without the Autorun file on there you will not get the screen that prompts you to install it. That autorun file is specifically programmed for each disc. So that it can include graphics and music or to just show a image. Anyway you do it, it requires programming. If not you will jsut burn it to disc and get the Selection Menu.
My Previous quotes...
if I have not replied it's because it is not relevant to my problem
You have not listened to a word i have said. I have told you several times that what you want required programming. Since you do not wish to listen and want to get people riled up.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom