Lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

monagi

Baseband Member
So I ordered my new system + a Saitek Eclipse II keyboard. I am lovin the keyboard colors and brightness adjustablilty.

I was curious if there would be a way to rig up the same colored LED lights around the inside of my case in a stylish manner, and be able to adjust said lights with my keyboards own color/brightness adjusters. Any ideas?

Newegg.com - Thermaltake ArmorPlus(Armor+) VH6000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - Saitek PK02 2-Tone 104 Normal Keys USB Standard Eclipse II Keyboard - Keyboards

You could easily get some blue LED's, a 3 volt regulator, and a Molex cable. Hook the 5 volt line from the PSU connector to the 3 volt regulator's input, then output to the LED's in parallel.

I'm not sure about brightness, since it may not even tell the computer about brightness changes. If it did, it'd take some driver hacking which is probably really hard.

You could easily get some blue LED's, a 3 volt regulator, and a Molex cable. Hook the 5 volt line from the PSU connector to the 3 volt regulator's input, then output to the LED's in parallel.

I'm not sure about brightness, since it may not even tell the computer about brightness changes. If it did, it'd take some driver hacking which is probably really hard.

The brightness control on the Saitek is just a 3 position push-button switch. Push once, it goes to dim, twice is off, and a third time its back to full brightness.

It sounds like it uses a pot, variable resistor of somesort. Higher resistance, dimmer it gets, less resistance the brighter, but shorter lifespan...

Unless you really want to tear your keyboard apart and spend a lot of time figuring things out, just get a couple sets of cathode lights with rocker switches and mount those on the front.

The Eclipse II actually has a rotating dial for brightness.

Ah, ok. Nice =). I have the Eclipse I, so I wasn't sure what the Eclipse II had over the Ecl. I.

Also, agreed with Aspire here. Would be much easier to do.

My Saitek Eclipse II just got delivered yesterday and I'm loving it. The adjustable brightness and colors is a nice touch and I like how the sides of the keyboard has the slim bars that light up. Its got a nice hefty weight to it and rubber pads that keep it on my desk without sliding around.

I don't know about the lights but I've added a few extra blue LED case fans that make it look really nice and match the keyboard. These are the ones I got.
Newegg.com - HIPER HFF-1B08N Blue LED 80mm Transparent Case Fan - Case Fans

Newegg.com - Antec 761345-75024-0 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Case Fans

My Saitek Eclipse II just got delivered yesterday and I'm loving it. The adjustable brightness and colors is a nice touch and I like how the sides of the keyboard has the slim bars that light up. Its got a nice hefty weight to it and rubber pads that keep it on my desk without sliding around.

I don't know about the lights but I've added a few extra blue LED case fans that make it look really nice and match the keyboard. These are the ones I got.
Newegg.com - HIPER HFF-1B08N Blue LED 80mm Transparent Case Fan - Case Fans

Newegg.com - Antec 761345-75024-0 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Case Fans

Jesus you got ripped off on those fans.

Petra's Tech Shop

They have a nice selection of top notch fans.
Take a look at the yate-loon fans. They offer excellent bang for buck performance.

They do have some good prices!

I don't see an 80mm x 15mm fan though. That is the only size that fits in the right side of the CM690 for the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom