Is it Okay to Buy Open Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure, but I really wanted the MSI 9600GT, and they had an open box of that one too. I decided to go with the OEM/Retail though; apparently, if you have an open box, someone could have taken the card or mobo for a "test drive."
As in, it might have been possibly used already. That was my understanding at least. Someone else can clarify...

i've bought open box from newegg more times than i could count. Everytime the item worked. And when they say all accessories are missing, thats is not always true. Sometimes it is just like the new product in a brown box. Sometimes it is just the videocard itself or motherboard without the accessories just like they advertise.

But i'm not sure if you would want an ecs board, i've had some bad experiences with their older boards. The newer ones are okay if you don't overclock at all.

most of the time it's okay. however you could be missing some or all of the accessories that come with the unit. and in the disclaimer it mentions that you may be missing items that allow the functionality of the unit you're purchasing to work. its doubtful this would be the case, but you're taking the chance after all.

i've bought open box from newegg more times than i could count. Everytime the item worked. And when they say all accessories are missing, thats is not always true. Sometimes it is just like the new product in a brown box. Sometimes it is just the videocard itself or motherboard without the accessories just like they advertise.

But i'm not sure if you would want an ecs board, i've had some bad experiences with their older boards. The newer ones are okay if you don't overclock at all.

So I'm taking a pretty good chance? Also well what motherboard would you recomend for a card like that and a quad core in that price range then?

I bought an open box x1650gt, expecting a brown box and it came in a brand new HIS retail box with all new accessories. And it works great too, cant even tell it was open box at all.

thats because they send "open box" stuff out the way they got it. if someone returns a card with no cables, you dont get the cables. if someone's grandma throws the box away and they have to return it, you don't get a box.
sometimes people return everything. i always do, to be sure i dont have to pay any stupid fees...which they can charge directly to my newegg account without me knowing.
you can still get a refund (from newegg) if it dies within 15 days.
just MAKE SURE to register it with the manufacturer ASAP, so that if it dies in a month, you have recourse.

i have bought an open box video card before.....I am not sure if I would buy an open box mobo, unless I had all of the accesories already.

i have bought an open box video card before.....I am not sure if I would buy an open box mobo, unless I had all of the accesories already.

10-4. Nothing more frustrating that an open box mobo missing the RFi plate. I've had that happen once. Ouch! Masking tape sucks as a hole filler! :)

Open Box Motherboard may not have the I/O plate, so if that's the case, the back of your pc might be open a bit. Also could be missing cables, manuals, ect.

I buy open box alot, but only if its signifigantly cheaper. Is $60 for an ECS board really cheap? I see them at Fry's for that price alot. The ECS motherboard I have (G31T-M) costs about that new I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom