Quad Core composition =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the xeon he wants is a quad-core. How does that make it identical? Unless I'm looking at a different Xeon 3220, what you are saying still doesn't make sense.

oh, jk, must've read a number wrong.

It does however correlate to a specific non xeon quad core.

I just dunno which one.

The Q6600. Atleast from what I had said before it compares fairly well.

It's ok, I figured you had misread something, but it was starting to make me think I was crazy or something. :p

/Sigh

The xeon he wants is identical to an e8400, the only difference is in packaging.

thats all I said.

Its q6600, and it clocks just as well as the q6600, plus its nice to see a Quad-Core build that doesn't have a q6600 for once :D

Ur thinking of the e3110?

Its q6600, and it clocks just as well as the q6600, plus its nice to see a Quad-Core build that doesn't have a q6600 for once :D

Yay! Someone agrees with me!

Still, though, the Q6600 is cheaper. I just wasn't sure if the fact that it is a server processor have any affect whatsoever on his gaming performance or not.

Yay! Someone agrees with me!

Still, though, the Q6600 is cheaper. I just wasn't sure if the fact that it is a server processor have any affect whatsoever on his gaming performance or not.

I think Demalii gets a discount on those kinds of processors, because I've seen him have a lot of Server PC's for sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom