Assembling my PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

g3kk0

In Runtime
Ok, so I need a little help assembling my new PC...
The only question I have right now is: My Tuniq Tower fan has a 3-hole power pin, but the CPU_Fan power has 4 prongs. The fan power cord fits neatly over 3 of the prongs, but leaves the 4th prong un-used. Is this ok?

Yes, this should be fine. As long as it registers the CPU fan in the bios and everything is running as it should. Otherwise, you may want to look for a second CPU_Fan2 port and see if it has 3 pin power connector. Or choose a Cha_Fan1 which normally have 3 pin connectors. Then make sure in the bios you can adjust that fan to run as fast as need be for the temps you are looking for.

Great, thanks SurgeV! There is only one CPU_Fan port, so it should be ok then (for reference, I'm using the P35-DSL3).

I'll post again if I have anymore questions. ;)

It looks like if that cpu connector doesn't work, your only other option would be to try the Sys_Fan connector I saw. It has 3 pin connectors.

One of the pins should be labeled pwm. It allows the bios to control the fan speed .Since the Tuniq comes with a fan controller that should be the one the connector does not cover.

I connected the 3-pin power wire to the 4-pin port, which it fits.
And I connected the 2-pin connector to the fan speed controller, which it mates with.

Ok, so I've finished building my PC.... it's freakn awesome!! LOL
Dang! I've never had a computer this amazing before. I'm totally floored at how fast it is.

So, I'm kickin it with Vista Home now! I'd really like to read up on it and it's new functions. Any good websites anybody could recommend?
Also, anything I should do now that I have the drivers installed?
Like making sure the RAM is running correctly, heatsink temps, etc?
How can I best utilize all 4 cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom