24" & 19" monitor options

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Rekit

In Runtime
I would like to know what some of the better buys are for these sizes. There are quite a few choices and I have no clue which one might be the better value.

These won't be used for gaming, only drafting and other multitasking office work but I still like a bright clear picture.

I plan to use 1 24" in the center and 1 19" standard (non-wide screen) on either side so that the vertical pixels aren't terribly misaligned.

Thanks,

John

I'd probably say the LG W2452T would be a nice choice. It's the big brother to the W2252TQ that i have which i absolutely ADORE. Colors, response, and contrast are REALLY really nice. I did some pretty extensive research before i chose my monitor and i think it was a really smart decision.

thats my
2centsor4.gif

Well, I almost bought the new Lenovo L220x but I finally decided to spend a bit more on the Dell 2408WFP, and man I have to say I'm really happy. The S-IPS panel is incredible, among the widest colour gamut available, very fast, great contrast, hi-fi colour....everything a TN panel will never be! I'd heartily suggest trying it out, it's as good as the Eizos, at half price. If you can live with 22" but the same res, the Lenovo has a totally new S-PVA 1920x1080 panel which is also incredible.

As for the LG recommendation, well, they are decent, but if you want something really good, I wouldn't recommend them. The differences are huge.

For the 19", Eizo has several non-TN 19" 4:3 models, but I think they may be too expensive for the use you will be giving those. There is an excellent S-IPS 20" Dell (model: 2007FP), but the aspect ratio is wide (16:10).

I don't have any issues with doing a 22" monitor. The main thing I was after was the resolution since that is the limiting factor in what will ultimately fit on the screen.

How do you think the Lenovo 220x compares with the Dell 2408WFP?

I'd like to save a little money on the 19" monitors, but at the same time don't want them to look like crap right next to the 22 or 24.

I'm starting to think about doing the 2408WFP dell and 2 1708FPs just so the picture is more consistent. The 17's have the same resolution the 19's do, but they will be just a little shorter than the 24" I believe, but I can deal with that with the extra $140 in my pocket.

Well, I almost bought the new Lenovo L220x but I finally decided to spend a bit more on the Dell 2408WFP, and man I have to say I'm really happy. The S-IPS panel is incredible,...

I believe the dell 2408wfp is MVA, not IPS. I also have the dell 2408wfp for about a month now. I love it, the picture so bright, and the colors, omg.
Mine does have a couple quirks tho, the left side (maybe 1" off the left side) of the screen sometimes is brighter than it should be. I dont notice it on a webpage like this, where its generally bright all across, but i notice it on a webpage like gamespot with the grey on each side. I constantly forget its there though, and rarely notice it during video or anything like that, because its NOT backlight bleed.
And i have to switch from graphic mode, to video mode when watching movies to get the colors to be correct. If you don't sometimes you wont notice, but in some scenes you'll notice theres too much of an overall green tint. And when first switching to video mode from graphic mode you might think its overly blue, and i think it is for desktop use but its perfect for movies.
I had to lower the default brightness from 50 to 30, change the preset mode from desktop to RGB values of 92-90-98 (which i took from some1 else's calibration but it looks nice)

The biggest thing is the leftside being a little bit brighter than it should sometimes (not backlight bleed, have a blank screensaver in a dark room very very little backlight bleed) but i've looked at other monitors and this thing blows me away everytime i look at it, i love it.

Thanks guys,

Listening to some mixed comments and reading reviews, I think I will do the 2408wfp and the 2 1708FP's. They look like they have a fairly thin band around the edge which will make it nice being able to keep them a little closer together. Some monitors seem to have a very thick band which wouldn't be that desirable in my situation.

I've heard some very good things about these dell ultra sharp monitors, so at least I will feel pretty comfortable knowing what I can expect ahead of time.

John

Can't go wrong with dell monitors. I have had mine side by side with other manufacturers monitors with better specs, and the dell simply has better colors then any I have compared with.

Well, I've had my 24" monitor for 3 weeks while now and absolutely love it. It is very bright and sharp. I just hope the 19" monitors that I have sitting in the box look as good as this does. I won't hook them up until I get everything I need off my laptop as I am quickly running out of desk space.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom