Lost DVD/Cd drive....thought I posted earlier???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpennington

Beta member
I am at my wits end. I have a HP pavilion Entertainment Laptop using vista with dvd/ cd burner that worked great at first. Now the DVD/CD does not show up in "my computer" and will not read ANY disc inserted. I went to device manager and it has yellow sign says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" I tried updating driver but say no updates available. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, same error message, NOW what?

I thought it was an easy problem but no responses..does this mean I need to take it to a shop to get it fixed? Oh I hope not
Linda

Are you able to swap out the drive for a different one? You could always try that to see if its just a bad drive by chance.

Have you done all updates? Have you removed teh device from the device manager and then restarted and see if it will install the drivers then?

No I havent swapped the drives out because the message says driver may be corrupted. Also when computer first starts up it will try to read the drive but then it stops..so I can hear the disk drive trying to work

Hi rabthelad
can you tell me how to flash the drive? I am really not good at all this but I can follow directions..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom