3600+ to q6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So E8400 or Q6600, I dont need to be future proof, I want the best performance now. Will be overclocking with stock cooling.

lol....c'mon what man?

"future proof" is an oxymoron. it's a sales pitch, so to speak. there is no future proof, especially with technology. a program that could fully utilize 8 cores and re-program other applications to do the same could be released tommorow....hence rendering the "future proof" quad "obsolete". i get your point, i was just pokin fun at the term.
how obsolete a part seems is all relative. lol, ask vernong. :eek:
OP, the e8400 should overclock higher and cooler than the 6600. results may vary, heh. and take that "amd4life" out of your sig hah aha hah. just kiddin man.

yes 3dmark06 uses all 4...

I just ment it would remain a good performing cpu longer then a dual core...because pretty soon no one is going to be buying dual cores...hence its the future.

yes 3dmark06 uses all 4...

I just ment it would remain a good performing cpu longer then a dual core...because pretty soon no one is going to be buying dual cores...hence its the future.

yeah roger that i gotcha i was just messin around a little. you are right, but by the time dual cores become sorely tested (especially these little wolfdale duals that reach 4+ghz), there will be a better quad core out. i guess what i am trying to say is that i think everyone should buy a new cpu at least twice a year LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom