hp laptop display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

htrdcamaro

Beta member
I have a hp pavillion dv 4000 and i have had for about 2 and half years right after i got it the screen display shrunk to about 2 thirds its size i called and the tech guys talked me thru it and i got it fixed. but that wasn't the last it happened,it actually happened 3 or 4 times and i called and they helped me fix it, but now it is out of warranty and it has done it again and i have done everything i did before and it hasn't fixed it! does anybody have any advice! thanks!!!!

What operating system are you running, make sure it's not changing resolutions. Right click on your Desktop, go to Properties, and then Settings (if you're in XP). Then set the Resolution slider as high as it will go, then Apply. That should get you full screen again.

It would most likely be XP. Being over 2 years old now. But Calc is right. Do what he said. Right click desktop>properties>Settings>adjust the screen resolution.

If that doesnt work what type of laptop is it? Make and model please.

He said hp dv4000...

What kind of graphics card does it have, my HP dv9000 has a setting to adjust LCD scaling for non-native resolutions in the nVidia Control Panel, but you may have an ATi card.

If you have nVidia look in nVidia Control Panel for the settings for the panel and you should be able to set it to stretch lower resolutions to fill the screen.

The settings for scaling should be about the same for an ATI card as I recall. I think the dv400 uses Intel GMA--could be wrong. Some Dells used to have this as a BIOS option, possible it's in there as well. I'd look under Integrated Peripherals in the BIOS.

I have a hp pavillion dv 4000 and i have had for about 2 and half years right after i got it the screen display shrunk to about 2 thirds its size i called and the tech guys talked me thru it and i got it fixed. but that wasn't the last it happened,it actually happened 3 or 4 times and i called and they helped me fix it, but now it is out of warranty and it has done it again and i have done everything i did before and it hasn't fixed it! does anybody have any advice! thanks!!!!

i tryed what you all told and it didn't work here is what the video card is Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
Driver: ialmnt5.sys
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Supported
thanks!

Have you tried unisntalling your drivers, restarting computer, then reinstalling with latest ones from your manufacturer? That should restore all default settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom