What cause Disk Boot Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Number of things. Usually the system is unable to find the boot files, which can be caused by a virus, bad sectors on your drive, disconnected drive, bad cables, bad power, etc.

This list can go on and on

Virus - No
Bad Sectors - 2 week old 7200.11, worked before but it is pretty shotty
Disconnect cables - No
Bad cables - No
Bad power - No

All I did was install my new 9800GTX and do some wire management, and of course it won't work now.

BTW, the HDD is getting power....I can here it clicking when I put my ear next to it.

Installing new hardware can do it. Alogn with changing any part of the wire management when it comes to the hard drives. IF you have them on IDE cables and you changed the placement on the IDE cable you could have changed yoru config. Could have put it on the Slave part of the cable instead of the master.

Mobo------------------------connection 1-------connection2

Connection 1 is considered the Master connection. This will be the Master drive. Connection 2 is the slave. So if you put the hard drive on a different part of the cable you would get this error.

It is SATA Mak. BIOS is recognizing it properly and in the proper slot. I just get the failure.

Okay. What OS? Coudl be a driver malfunction. Could be several things when changing hardware. Even a video card. I have seen Vista ask for reactivation with a simple replacement of a video card.

OK, I inserted the DVD and booted up windows. I went to repair, and no operating systems show up in the list. Do I go to load a driver from the CD? If so what and where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom