Problem With Mouse Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hi.
I've only jsut started having this problem with my mouse after using Windows Vista x64.
For some reason whenever i plug any USB device in( except for my keyboard) Vista says it is looking for the drivers but then it cant find them and asks to me to insert disc or direct it to them.
What should i do? Remember I cant get my mouse or any other USB device to work ( like steering wheel/game controller)
Thanks

your mouse and game pads should have come with driver cd's. you need to install the drivers when you plug your devices in. if you cant find your driver cd's you should be able to find them on the manufacturer's website of your mouse/gamepad

your keyboard works because thats how all keyboards are, windows just recognizes them, except if you have a fancy one like a g15... that need drivers for the extra key's and lcd screen

Ive never needed a driver for my mouse before... the mouse didnt come with one! ( its a Logitech MX518)
I tried to point Vista to look in the C:/Windows/System32 Folder and it seems to find it but it then says : "Windows found the driver software but encountered an error when trying to install it"
Does anyone have any infomation on how i can get around this?

Have you tried other USB mouse? Well, its maybe because your mouse is not yet supported by vista. Vista is new so some hardwares does not support it yet. Try looking for a mouse that is vista supported.

All new hardware supports Vista. Plus even without drivers the hardware device would still work. Just use generic drivers. How do you think you get thru the install of a OS with a mouse and keyboard without driver for the specific device installed?

The drivers are specific to the device in question to make usre of any extra buttons or options that the device may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom