Moving from AMD 3600+ to AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisoraku

In Runtime
Will be moving the 3600+ to a different system while upgrading mine, wanted to make sure I am not leaving anything out, will have to get a better cooler for this correct? It says it does not come with one and I only have the one that came with my 3600+.

How large do would you the increase will be moving to the 5000+?

Is the value ram an issue?

Going to update that to based on advice that was given to me a few weeks ago.

Thanks

hey. i upgraded my 939 3200+ to a 939 4200 x2.

If you don't have a heat sink for your other comp that you are moving the 3600 to then you will need to get another. but you shouldn't need a better cooler (than stock cooler) for your new proc. Unless your gonna do some hardcore overclocking then I think stock heat sink is fine.

well considering you are going from a single core to a dual core, the performance with multi threaded apps is gonna increase quite a bit (as well with multi-tasking). Also the clock speed is gonna be faster to so better performance overall. A worthwhile upgrade imo.

I don't think value ram will be an issue. It wasn't for me.

Hope that helps.

as long as you don't get the OEM version of the cpu it will come with a cooler that will work for every day usage.

also what socket is the 3600+?

if you're not sure google CPU-Z, download it, take a SS and post it here for us.

and you should see a significant performance upgrade, provided the 3600+ was a single core and not a dual core.

You may have to update your BIOS for the board to use both cores. No big deal, but it is a possibility. I know I had to do it with mine.

I am using the AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz.

The 5000+ on Newegg that I am looking at is just the CPU alone.

Oh, thats not much of a jump on stock speeds, but you could ask Nagasama, he did the same thing because he wanted to have a CPU past 3.0ghz (he overclocked his x2 3600+ to 3.0ghz)

but its a highly overclockable CPU nonetheless

Since I am going to have to buy a new CPU anyway, I thought I may buy the 5000+, I have not done much with overclocking my 1.9 3600+. does it matter what type of ram I have for overclocking? If not, I should try to overclock it.

Ram is cheap, the value ram I have is half the cost it was last summer, no issues with ram and overclocking the 3600+?

I do not want heating issues.

As long as you got a decent cooler, and not the cruddy stock one, and somewhat decent RAM, you're good

EDIT: I forgot something super vital, if you plan on running the 5000+ BE, you definitely want to flash your motherboard's BIOS to the latest version out right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom