Toshiba Satellite U205-S5002

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

Baseband Member
Hi!
Does anyone know hoe to add/change RAM on a Toshiba Satellite u205-s5002? It is not done by removing a "cover" under the machine.Apparently, you have to disassemble the keyboard and other stuff. I have searched on the web and cant find the correct instructions with illustrations on this model. Since it is the first time I am doing this, I do not want to ruin it. If anyone knows how to do this and explain in detail or show me where to find that info Ill appreciate it a lot.

Thanks

Have you tried removing the back covers already, or there were none? Also, if there really isn't any back cover and easy access to the ram, I would suggest calling their technical support. They will email you instructions on how to add or remove RAM.

I called Toshiba and their customer service sucks. They did not want to tell me how to do it or where to find the info. Still looking though. Any other suggestions?
Thanks

Well if there is no "door" on the back where you can just unscrew the piece and get at the RAM you will have to dismantle the whole thing. Starting with the keyboard and workign your way down. Careful though as laptops are only put together using thin ribbon cables and they will cut and break easily leaving you with a dead component.

IT's obvious the slots are under the keyboard then but Toshiba is horrible about giving out instructions. They want everyone to pay them for upgrades but they're CS is usually too inept to even arrange that, let alone help you do it alone. Fortunately I was able to find the manual on teh European site, the American one didn't seem so user friendly. Here's a link to Megaupload:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

The installation instructions start on page 156 in the .PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom