SLI worth doing with 19"???

Status
Not open for further replies.
it will nearly always see a performance boost. but the point im makign is at 1680x1050 you dont need a performance boost. why would something need to run faster than perfect. anything above and beyond that is spending money so you can have a 3dmark score.
if you're going to sli at least buy a 24" screen.

Some people can get good prices on two cards, and want more performance than a single card at a similar price can provide.

If i had the option of an 8800gtx, or two 9600gt's for $300, id get the 9600gt's just because they run cooler and offer more performance.

Even at 1280x1024, 3dmark shows the performance.

I went from a 17" crt to a 24" LCD...

My room lights up so bright I thought god had entered my room.

3dmark is just for epeen boosting.
But forget that, yeah your right about the price vs performance.
Though I can't see two cards throwing off less heat than 1 card. The temp might be higher in degrees fir the single card but your throwing off twice as much with 2 cards. Not to mention energy consumption, physical space, And the fact that you're limiting yourself to SLI only motherboards.
Which I guess now with the nvidia 7** isn't as bad as 6**, but you'll probably end up payign mroe for it anyway, if you want one that will perform well. On top of which is the fact that SLI still doesn't perform killer across the board, though it is improving. Then on top of even that is no longer having the option to SLI the more powerful card in the future, IF the need ever arises and/or price of said more powerful card drops.
I just think its a waste. but thats all my own opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Gotten a lot of opinions and most are great. But people seem to be thinking I'm going to SLI in the near future. I probably won't be SLI'ing for another 1-2 years , so by then there will be a game that requires a top end card and the 9800gtx will be old by then--so i'll use 2

yea...but i'm going from like onboard graphics, single core 2.2ghz, DDR1 RAM, and a 15" CRT. This is spoiling me to no end lol.

I do admit, if i do get extra money i'll probably upgrade some things..but I won't be putting to much into it besides a second 9800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom