HDD 16mb Cache vs 32 MB Cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
my scsi loads windows pretty fast. but again, not really cost effective..well for me it was cause i got the drives for 20 each. but in the overall scheme of life, i would say just get a 500gb 7200.11 drive and you should be set.

my scsi loads windows pretty fast. but again, not really cost effective..well for me it was cause i got the drives for 20 each. but in the overall scheme of life, i would say just get a 500gb 7200.11 drive and you should be set.

Agreed! lol

i would personally go with the 7200.11 drive.

also i'm not a fan of samsung, most drives that i see fail are either samsungs or maxtor's. and not overly a fan of hitachi, but never really use them outside of notebook drives.

I just put together my system a few weeks ago, and i went with the ST3750330AS.

It's a seagate 750gb 32mb cache sata 3.0 drive. It's supposed to have the best price/performance ratio around. plus it's frickin 750gb! Windows loading times are FAST FAST FAST. it's like night and day compared to my old system.

I think the cheapest price per GB right now are 500gb drives. Since they can be found on sale for $80 each.

depends what size files you're reading. the large cashe wont even be used if your just reading lots of small files.
I benched my 7200.11's with HD tach, and for the large bench I averaged faster transfer/read rates than most raptors. ^^
reading smaller files wont even make use of the 32mb cashe, there isnt a need for it to.
it's nice to have though imo. large games, moving large files. i deal with a lot of large stuff so it helps.

yea like i said earlier for gaming the 32mb cache matters.

Also i agree with bobo about the 750Gb drives.

Seagate has quiet drives too so i'd go with seagate over anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom