HDD 16mb Cache vs 32 MB Cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
hey guys. i am running out of space and i am in the market for a new hard drive. i don't have budget restrictions, and i plan to use the new hdd as my primary. in fact, the new one i buy is the only one i will be using. so please recommend me a hard drive. and also, how much of a performance difference is there between the 16 and the 32 mb. please let me know. thanks a lot

yea 32mb will load things a little faster.

also how big you want your HDD?

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Ignore the negative reviews i know this Drive is good i use one.

they probably ended up frying it when they took it out of the wrapping because they didnt discharge.

anyways. thats a good drive and they have models that are the 7200.11 drives that come in bigger

the 7200.11 is a faster drive so basicly you get the performance of a 10,000RPM drive like a raptor for a cheeper price and more space.

yea 32mb will load things a little faster.

also how big you want your HDD?

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Ignore the negative reviews i know this Drive is good i use one.

they probably ended up frying it when they took it out of the wrapping because they didnt discharge.

anyways. thats a good drive and they have models that are the 7200.11 drives that come in bigger

the 7200.11 is a faster drive so basicly you get the performance of a 10,000RPM drive like a raptor for a cheeper price and more space.

I own both so i can honestly say that the 32mb cache is minimal performance gain than a 16mb... However I have a Raptor and it is by far faster than any drive i have ever had... just my two cents... My old 80gig Hitachi that is 6 or 7 years old is faster than the 32mb drives... to me anyway...

I own both so i can honestly say that the 32mb cache is minimal performance gain than a 16mb... However I have a Raptor and it is by far faster than any drive i have ever had... just my two cents... My old 80gig Hitachi that is 6 or 7 years old is faster than the 32mb drives... to me anyway...

it depends what OS are you running and the specs of the computer. and it depends on what your loading too from the HDD its faster with games because it can bring in more faster.

im not saying the raptor is slower but for the speed that the 7200.11 is at then its worth it because you have so much space and its quicker than most drives. where as the raptor is less space but faster.

ya see what i mean? its basicly speed and size that the 7200.11 has. raptor is just pure speed.

buy a raptor, i slap you. there really isn't that much speed difference between the 7200.11 drives and the 10k raptors. if you really care enough about speed pick up some scsi drives.

i would say just go for a 500gb 7200.11 drive or the 320.

and hello fellow NH native :D
<--- living in amherst

ya when you throw in the cost effectiveness whew.. lol i got 500gbs for same as 36gb... not much sense there eh... But it is a big speed diff TO ME...
My windows vista loads in under 2 bars... but its not cost effective... i completely understand... If i had to do it again most LIKELY would not buy a raptor... But my 500gb 32mb Vs my Raptor... Not even close... just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom