Passive HS for 7800gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
I was about 1 click from buying a Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 rev. 2 just now before remembering it will not fit with my Zalman NB.

What other good passive heatsinks are there that will either clear my NB cooler or go above the card but have a profile of under 3.5cm? Zalman VNF100? Thermalright HR-03 Rev.A?

gpu-1.jpg

Thanks. :)

The HR-03 can be used either direction, and if you face it down, you can add a nice fan to it too lol. but I doubt it will fit in that space you have there... although, getting it snug against your cooler has been shown to be benificial, and not kill airflow to much for your cpu *starts searching for pics I saw*

Before I buy it I need to know how big X is (from the top of the card to the top of the fan holders):

tr03.jpg

If that is shorter than 35mm then it will fit, if not I'll have to buy a passive 7300 or something. :(

Why not sell the card and upgrade to a better card with a better cooler? it would be more cost effective..you could get at least $50-$60 for that card.

Why not sell the card and upgrade to a better card with a better cooler? it would be more cost effective..you could get at least $50-$60 for that card.

Worst case scenario will be for a passive 8600GT - which will cost about the same.

why do you need passive? just wondering. and also the large part usually faces down..

I have been trying to get my PC as quiet as possible which has resulted in having all my fans at 5v (2 case and 2 CPU HS 120mm and 1 92mm). This has shown my graphics card to be quite loud in comparison, even at 25% fan speed in Rivatuner. The stock fan also appears to get stuck at default speeds (pretty loud) on warm boots.

wow, yeah, that is a bit close. lemme see if I can find something for you bro

:----EDIT----:
according to where I'm going to buy mine from, the heatsink is 38mm tall. I'm trying to get more specifics on it. find out if that's TOTAL or just the fin work

:----EDIT2----:

here ya go. all specs on it, straight from thermalright.
http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_p...t/main_product_ifx-10__clip_image002_0000.jpg
according to them, the complete unit is 50.97mm tall, the fin work itself is apparently 38mm tall. now, this is the hr-03gt, but all the hr-03 series seem to be the same hight.

THIS is what will work, passively and nicely... only 27mm heatsink height, and compatible with your card!

Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! USA

can buy here:Thermalright V2 Copper Quad-Heatpipe VGA Cooler - FrozenCPU.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom