64 bit compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Rekit

In Runtime
Out of 64 bit XP and Vista, is one better than the other in terms of compatibility with programs (ex: vista will run anything XP can and more or visa versa?)

Also as far as networking is concerned, would I be better off if the other computers that are going to be networked are using XP to use xp or should I not have any trouble networking a vista computer with other XPs?

And if there is anything else that might be worthwhile knowing I would appreciate it as I am fairly green to this.

Thanks,

John

Thanks, if there is significant difference between the two I will probably stick with XP for now since I am familiar with it and have the option to upgrade later.

Being an office computer I just want to make sure I can get them networked back together.

Vista 64 Bit has much more driver support and applicaiton support overall then XP X64.

I run vista home premium 64 and as long as all of your equipment is a year old or less, you should have 0 issues with drivers. I havent had any problems with vista.

and if you have older stuff, just hop onto the manufacturer's site and see if there are 64bit drivers for xp/vista.

I am building myself a new computer for work so everything will be new, I was mainly just interested in which one or the other had more support and likelihood of running my programs.

As far as networking goes, is it just as easy getting vista and XP to get along on the same network as it is with just XP computers?

Many people say it is tougher with a xp/vista network. But if you read all the documentation on it then you will be fine.

Thanks, I think I will take my chances with the vista64 and after doing my homework on it, suppose I can find some answers on here if I still have problems getting it networked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom