In Leui of Shuttle....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
so, after my post about my shuttle pc ****ing me off, here's my plan. shaving areas of my build... I'll use my HDD I'm utilizing right now, getting the q6600 still, but getting retail so I get a stock heatsink *I know, I know, stock sucks, but hey, I'm desperate* getting Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N297-LX GeForce 6200LE TC 512MB (256MB on board) 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards, and Newegg.com - mushkin 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory. budget until I can get the rest of my items properly. also, anyone know about this?
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

That G. Skill kit for $300 is definitely not worth it, and the timings are horrible.

the mushkin's have 4-4-4-12, vs the reapers of 4-4-4-15, and stable at 2-2.1v whereas the reapers are only at 2.1. also, I'm NOT worried about the heatsink on the RAM, later I will be getting ram coolers from Thermalright. will actually be changing nearly everything that I can to Thermalright. MOSFET, nb and sb, ram, cpu. this is kinda a "get the computer up and going before I tear apart the shuttle with my bare hands" type of thing. I will be getting better later, I just NEED to get away from this shuttle, i can't run anything on it.

:----EDIT----:
btw, it's pretty sad when all you use a machine for is websurfing and im's... and it won't even do that GRRR

ok, I must reitify. the mushkin, I know, it's only 2GB. I'm also running XP for a short period! low latency's, was something i was looking at before. thirdshift and g3kk0... can you find 2gb sticks for around the same price for same performance? I REALLY like both those brands, not enough can be said about them really lol. just... i want to get away from this shuttle fast

Hmmm, I'm not too sure. I myself am not a PC expert like some of these guys around here. lol

But I just bought that Reaper I linked above, and I'll be installing it in my PC tomorrow...

lol, well thanks for the help anyways. the reapers are a very good ram, I'm just running on budget right now. I'd posted earlier about my problems with my shuttle. apparently it's underpowered, on top of that it's old *yeah, tell me how I managed to underpower an OLD system!* so instead of spending the money for the psu for this shuttle, I'm just going to claim it as a lost cause and rapidly get my newer system going

Hey, that's a good pan. I spent more on my PC than I had originally planned, I just wanted to buy better now, instead of spending extra later just to upgrade.

Don't let anyone "sucker" you into paying more than YOU want though. lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom