Quad Core composition =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
from benchmarks I've seen the gts scores lower on a lot of occassions no? this is why I was thinking gt was better.. iono though.

Also what about this ram:
CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5 - Retail

You sure you weren't looking at the 320mb versions?
These are better
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

en, stick with the evga 8800gt. STEP UP!

Get the cheapest 8800gts you can find. A gts will CONSISTENTLY score better in any game, benchmark, or what-have-you.

Step up is a joke unless you buy a card right when it comes out for full msrp.

Yes, and like someone else mentioned, you were probably looking at a comparison of 8800GT 512mb with the 8800GTS 320mb. Get the 8800GTS 512MB and you will see greater performance than that of the 8800GT in any game.

Can I ask why you are choosing the Xeon to begin with? As far as I know, that's more meant for a server, not a gaming processor. Unless you already have the Xeon from an original build, or can get it pretty cheap, it's basically the same as the Q6600 and the Q6600 is cheaper. The only differences I see from looking at Newegg is that the Xeon runs at higher voltages (which means higher temps) and has no L1 cache. Not sure if that would really affect things much, but in all instances it appears that the Q6600 would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom