Sony Vaio PCG-7F1L laptop won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlambe5

Beta member
I have a Sony Vaio PCG-7F1L laptop and I can't get it to start. I was having trouble with it shutting off if I opened the screen greater than about 20deg. I think I solved this problem. I unplugged every cable in side and reseated them. Some of them seemed rather loose or just not pushed in all the way. I also disconnected everything I could inside and reconnected. That seemed to solve the problem. It worked fine for a week or so. THEN, my wife was using the laptop and it just shut off for no reason. Off, blank, dead, nothing etc. Now I can't get it to come back on. With just the battery, no AC adapter - absolutely nothing, no lights, no noises. With the battery & AC adapter, the battery light on the front panel will flash green. 2 quick flashes and a pause, 2 quick flashes and a pause, etc. Which I assume is the battery charging. I've tried it without the battery and only the AC adapter, absolutely nothing. At the advice of a local computer tech, I've removed both the battery and AC adapter, held the power button for +30sec then put them both back and still nothing. Any ideas what could be causing this? I'm afraid it's going to be the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom