DVD RW, i need a sligh bit of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
i just need to find out if my dvd rw can wright dual layer or single layer dvd's

i've been having problems copying dvd's after i changed out the dvd rw after the one that came with the pc broke (its a pre built system) and basicly i have heard that this could be the problem

Okay. What is the make and model number of the dvd rw drive in question? Did it come with any manuals or documentation that may have your answer?

i dont know at all i got it in jan for my nan's pc and it was a oem

i would of honestly pulled the pc apart to find the serial and part number but it is a case made by time and its not just a case of open the side, take screws off dvd rw, pull out and look

its a case of take off side, take of hole of the front, take the top off, take the psu out then take out the dvd rw

i just honestly heard of a way of looking though the os

Use CPUz, SiSoftware Sandra or Belarc Advisor. It will tell you what hardware you ahve installed and allow us to tell you what type of DVD Burner you have and if it is a DL one or not.

Use CPUz, SiSoftware Sandra or Belarc Advisor. It will tell you what hardware you ahve installed and allow us to tell you what type of DVD Burner you have and if it is a DL one or not.

ok a bit out the way but i went to the device manager and the dvd rw name is NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG

the other dvd rom drive is called ATAPI DVD D DH16D2P

trying a disk to disk copy it used to before the drive change

The mobo is called a P4M-800M (google searched it but the page of info will not load for me), the ram is a single slot DDR 512 166mhz, the cpu is a p4 at 3ghz

i really only need to find if the drive copies a dual layer or a single layer disk

and sorry for patchey infomation i'm just running of 2nd hand info and just been asked by my nan to find it out

all the searches for NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG come up with a NEC DVD_RW ND-3500A so I am assuming this is the same product. ( the search included NEC.com) They all state it supports dual layer.

all the searches for NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG come up with a NEC DVD_RW ND-3500A so I am assuming this is the same product. ( the search included NEC.com) They all state it supports dual layer.

thank you (both of you)

NEC ND-3500A

Quote from that page:

Double Layer media is supported, as expected, at 4X.

So make sure tha thte DL Disc is at least 4X and you are set. Glad you got your info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom