This made me laughed/scared me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Well i couldn't find any stickied thread were we post bad advice from "experts" or custom pc builders trying to rip people off. I was browsing the prices of custom pcs on ebay when i found one that was a reasonable price but then i saw this:

Random Customer: hey, how much will be for 2x nvidia card? Chris 28-Apr-08

A: HI, For 2nd 8800GTX and up-grade to a 1kw PSU add £250 Best regards,

1kw PSU!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: , hmm at least he isn't ripped the guy off, im surprised you could get an 8800GTX and a 1kw PSU for that price...

Well i couldn't find any stickied thread were we post bad advice from "experts" or custom pc builders trying to rip people off. I was browsing the prices of custom pcs on ebay when i found one that was a reasonable price but then i saw this:

Random Customer: hey, how much will be for 2x nvidia card? Chris 28-Apr-08

A: HI, For 2nd 8800GTX and up-grade to a 1kw PSU add £250 Best regards,

1kw PSU!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: , hmm at least he isn't ripped the guy off, im surprised you could get an 8800GTX and a 1kw PSU for that price...

Depends on what else your running, Quad Sli setups are good competition for 1000W PSU's. However if your getting something like two 8800GT's then 750W of power is enough.

it was a Q6600 non OC'd, 4gb DDR2 RAm, one 500gb 16mb cache SATA11 HDD, one optical drive and one 8800GTX, that was a 750w PSU, according to the seller two 8800GTX's would warrant the 1kw PSU

trying to get some extra cash out of the customer. Its like people on craigslist that list their computers for $2000 when it only costs $1300. They use it and then try to sell it to some incompetent retard that doesn't know any better.

the thing is to be honest it wasn't THAT overprices for an ebay build. I'd say if i prices it up it's £150 more expensive max( depends what brands were used, if branded components then more like £90), not too bad compared to others. Also an 8800GTX and a 1kw PSU would defo cost £250 im sure, if not a little more. So it;s more like the builder himself was pretty honest, it's just be had poor experience himself.

Depends on what else your running, Quad Sli setups are good competition for 1000W PSU's. However if your getting something like two 8800GT's then 750W of power is enough.

Heh....thats all i can say.

q6600@ 4ghz + 4gb DDR2 + 2 8800GTS512 = Corsair 520hx
q6600@ 3.6ghz + 4gb DDR2 + 2 9800GX2 = Corsair 750TX

The only reason to ever need a 1kw psu is if you are running 3 8800GTX's because they pulled a buttload of power, and even then 1000w is probably overkill.

People need to learn how to look at the specs of a power supply and figure out what they need rather than just generalizing "you need x watts".

veedub, that's the hardest thing to tell people. I run into that all the time. "I need something bigger than that 500 watt powersupply to run my nVidea 7900GT, think I should get a 750 watt? what would you recommend? *shocked look* a 400 watt??? I'm going to *insert name here* and buying one of theirs! you're retarded!"

*that happened last week*

LOL yup. even though these are good friends of mine, and KNOW what I did for a living last year, they still think I'm a tard when it comes to computers. that all being said, I have yet to trust anything from ebay unless it's one of you guys from tf. otherwise I won't do it. no matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom