PC turns on but nothing happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ok:D

It's just you(OP) stated all the lights on the computer itself were turning on ok and i believe you said the fans were working?( apart from one on designed to cool the motherboard?). I mean i'd assume that means the Mobo isn't literally fried.

Run MemTest86 for at least 4 hours. That will test your RAM.

Memtest86 - Download Page

If that passes then you have to do a stress test on the CPU. I think there is a liveCD for that somehwere. I will have to find it.

If all that passes then you are down to the mobo being the problem.

Also have you tried a Linux LiveCD at all?

not to dis you are anything. But how can he do memtest or anything like that if the motherboard isnt posting? I remember a few posts up he said that with no CPU in it doesnt beep at all. And there is no video even though the graphics card tested ok in another PC. So definately seems to be bad motherboard to me.

If it has a warranty still then RMA it. If not then you just need to find a replacement.

not to dis you are anything. But how can he do memtest or anything like that if the motherboard isnt posting? I remember a few posts up he said that with no CPU in it doesnt beep at all. And there is no video even though the graphics card tested ok in another PC. So definately seems to be bad motherboard to me.

If it has a warranty still then RMA it. If not then you just need to find a replacement.
Very first post he was trying to get all sorts of things to work to test out the hardware. That is why i posted about MemTest86 and the Stress Linux. So that he could test out the hardware like he wanted. I must have missed the post that he said he couldnt get it to post at all.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom