OptiPlex GX520 MT P4 630 3.00GHz, 2MB, 800MHz, HT, 64Bit
Minitower
1.0GB 533MHz Memory(2*512MB)
80GB (7, 200rpm) SATA Hard Drive
CDRW & FDD
Sigma Audio
Intel Video
Giga Nic

I can get this for £130 as it was a cancelled order and has been reboxed, is this a good deal. Im using it for small business needs, maybe editing some home movies etc. ANy problems with it?
CHeers

Well, it's quite a dated system but if you are just going to use it for some small business stuff then it's not bad. For home movie editing it will suffice but it's far from optimal.

Does this come with a monitor and keyboard, etc?

You can always build cheaper systems yourself but, if its bundled with a monitor and other, you can always just put some extra ram into it and a video card if needed.

actualyl scratch what I said earlier. Don't bother buying it at all, it's too old. If you have a 200quid budget you can do much better

Really?Im not sure if i would feel comfortable building a system myself. If i bought the parts would a local shop build it for me. My budget is around £200

Its a p4....thats why its so cheap.

You will get much more for your money if you order parts online rather than buying from the local shop.

meh i haven't built a computer in my life but i finally find me a summer job i'm going to get a comp straight away( my mum will go the buy now pay in 9 months thing for me). I've read some guides on building pc's and looked at 3 vids on youtube of people building computers. To be honest unless the part you got was faulty to begin with or you worked on carpet and got static which broke a component, it doesn't seem like much can go that wrong really..( UNLESS IM MISSING SOMETHING!!!:eek: )

Really?Im not sure if i would feel comfortable building a system myself. If i bought the parts would a local shop build it for me. My budget is around £200

It's not hard at all to build a computer. We can help you pick out parts, and there are tons of computer building guides out there for people who are unsure of how to put 'em together. Of course, it's mostly just like putting together a puzzle; everything can only go in 1 way (for most parts anyway heh).

The question is, do you have a spare weekend for it?

I would say building a system is not hard. Essentially you just screw a motherboard into a case, clip the processor into the motherboard, slot the RAM in, slot the video card in, connect the hard drive and CD drive, connect the motherboard wires, then press the 'on' button. All this is documented in your motherboard manual which will be in the motherboard box. These instructions make it really easy actually but you may need an hour or two, though some experienced people can do it in 10 minutes!

After that you need to put the Windows CD in and install Windows. After that you need to put your motherboard CD in and install the motherboard drivers. Your video card will come with a driver CD as well, so install that. Then go on the net and make sure you have all the latest drivers for everything- again we can advise.

We can give you a shopping list for < £200. Just say what components you're after e.g. keyboard? mouse? monitor? etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom