SLI worth doing with 19"???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stay with one 9800GTX and if you want to SLI just wait for the prices to lower

That's what I plan to do. If I got a 19" it'd take longer for the need to upgrade, right?

don't go with the 19in monitor. The 22 is a much better setup.

Yea, I know...but I dunno if I actually need/want that much...19" is already a 4-5" upgrade from what I have now. So that could be $60 spent that I don't really like ...

That's what I plan to do. If I got a 19" it'd take longer for the need to upgrade, right?

Yea, I know...but I dunno if I actually need/want that much...19" is already a 4-5" upgrade from what I have now. So that could be $60 spent that I don't really like ...

Trust me....once you get 19", after a while itll feel small. The upgrade from 19" to 22" is huge, not only do you get more viewing space, you get sharper images and a higher resolution.

I went from a 17" crt, to a 19" lcd and was breathtaken. Then i jumped from that 19" to a 22" hd display, and i was blown away....22 inches is really nice man.

i wanted to pee my pants when i went from a 19" to a 22"...
two weeks later i went and bought a 24", heh. it's pretty good for now.
19" is small small small, compared to a 22" it really is a big, NOTICEABLE difference.
as everyone has said, you do not need SLI at the moment, especially if you have a 19" monitor and a 9800gtx. you really wont ever need SLI with a 19", as SLI helps more with high resolution than eye candy. you will be able to run all the eye candy with SLI, but you may notice a hit in FPS if you are not running high enough resolution.

yeah deffinetly get a 22", and how could u not need a 22" over a 19" lol.

You will be amazed by how much you enjoy a 22".

saving $60 and getting a monitor a few weeks earlier kinda makes me want to not get a 22"

I dunno..it just depends. Suppose to be a lot of money to add into my savings soon, and if it doesn't bring it up to the cost of my picked out parts i'm going to start ditching stuff lol

well I know 1440x900 would be pushing it for now, but what about 2 years down the road?? would 2 cards be needed for it.

Oh yea, I got my mind set on the 9800gtx :|

the day that people need sli for a 19" is the day I leave the enthusiast scene. More powerful cards will come out to handle more powerful games

the day that people need sli for a 19" is the day I leave the enthusiast scene. More powerful cards will come out to handle more powerful games

I won't be getting a more powerful card for awhile though. Still thinking about it, 22" seems awesome...but 19" seems like it will be all I need...but i don't want to buy a build that will handle future SLI if it's useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom