8800gt 256mb SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The akimbo cooler fits 8800gt's only, not 8800gts's. Can somebody link me to a benchmark at least?

Thats what i originally asked for.

So, pretty much ALL nvidia cards are made by Foxconn and then restamped later on.

preaty much anything wit ha pcb is made by foxcon, its true, asus and gigabite and what not all have there own designs but there still manufactured by foxcon, all the ports on my maximus formulas have fox con stamped on them.

Just because the ports are made by foxconn doesn't mean the board was.

Quite a few companies make their owns motherboards. Foxconn mainly does reference design stuff, a la the 680i 780i and 790i reference boards from evga and xfx.

gaming with 256 and 512mb versions will be identical until you start putting on full settings + AA running at 1680x1050 and above.

Just because the ports are made by foxconn doesn't mean the board was.

Quite a few companies make their owns motherboards. Foxconn mainly does reference design stuff, a la the 680i 780i and 790i reference boards from evga and xfx.

i herd they do al the manufacturing, just *** gigabit abit and what not all come up with there own designs.

but AA is memory intensive and adding another card doesn't help that.

If you sell your 8800GT and buy a 8800GTS 512mb you'll see more of an increase in performance, and probably end up spending less too.

but AA is memory intensive and adding another card doesn't help that.

If you sell your 8800GT and buy a 8800GTS 512mb you'll see more of an increase in performance, and probably end up spending less too.

You sure about that? All the sources ive seen say that SLI improves framerates and aa/af performance, as well as higher res performance....i mean adding another card does give me 512mb total, just like the 9800gx2 is 1gb total.

AA/AF has to benefit somehow, i would think. Im willing to be the guinea pig for this, so i can buy the card, try it out and see how it works for me. If its not what i expect, ill just sell them and get 9600gt's in SLI, since ill already have the SLI board and my psu is plenty capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom