display driver BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dainius

In Runtime
OK, just installed my 750i SLI FTW mobo, reinstalling all the drivers and such. Well when I install the 9800gx2 drivers and restart i almost instantly crash with the "attemp to reset the diplay driver failed" BSOD. I have to boot into safe mode and uninstall. Ive tried the 174.74 and the 175.12 drivers to no avail. Even tried a driver cleaner to see if that helped. No such luck. Was wondering if anyone has had this problem and if you could offer any advice.

Ive used that same driver cleaner, tried repairing windows, uninstalled and reinstalled the 174.74 drivers. No luck yet. I can boot into windows but will crash soon with that error. safe mode works just fine and i can uninstall drivers. once thats done windows will boot up no problems what so ever.. thi is getting frustrating

So do it all from safe mode. There is nothing saying you can not load driver from safe mode.

so reinstall the drivers form safe mode? do you think that will make any difference once I boot normally? im reinstalling vista right now as we speak, but im at work.. once i get home i will try that. any more suggestions?

There will be no issues installing the driver from safe mode. It will still work in normal mode. I have personally done this several times. There is no difference.

Other than that. Check the nvidia forums. They might know something that we dont.

well after the reinstall and everything updated, runs like a champ with the drivers in place... kinda wierd but good to go now.. thanks makaveli

scratch that... happened a minute after starting a game... runs fine in windows now though... well back up to the suggestion board... going to try that install in safe mode real quick makaveli

aye... no luck yet... ive tried both sets of drivers for my gpu... the fresh install didnt work... used the disk cleaner... tried all different combos of my ram... if all else fails my have to check into rma'ing the new mobo... right now ive rolled back the chipset drivers and all seems to be good so far but i will keep you updated.

nope... there is no solution to this problem. I even went as far as reformatting with the 32 bit software to see what happened nothing... any more suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom