Your CPU Temps??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kpatcher

Fully Optimized
Question for you all? I recently built me a pretty nice new system..and the dumbass I was didnt clip the heat sink down correctly...so I finally installed MBM to measure the temp and it was at 75 degrees C at idle and 85-90 when taxing the system!!!

So I then redid the heat sink at now idle at 49-50 and at full load 60-65. Are these temps normal or still kind of high? What do you have and what are you running at? I have the OEM pentium4 heatsink and 3 case fans...

system specs are
Intel Pentium4 3.0GHZ
512MB DDR RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB
WD IDE 7200RPM 160GB HD

Am I ok? now?

for a newer pentium 4 (prescott), those temps are good

(prescotts run very hot)

i have the northwood 2.4 oc'd to 2.8, aftermarket heatsink/fan and get average 34c idle, 49c under hours of stress and gaming.

Very interesting...does the aftermarket heat sink make that much difference? Now first my appologies I posted this in the wrong section.. n000bb i Know! :( lol... 2nd... In terms of proper "air flow" what should be the pattern or process..anybody have a layout or willing to talk about the path from start to finish??which are intake fans which are exhaust fans and that type of deal? thanks all this place rocks!

I have a P4 3.2Gig Prescott which rins at about 53 degrees c when idle, and that is with OEM heat sink and fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom