Adobe Reader8.1.2 install error (code 1401 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennyip

Baseband Member
I cant install Adobe Reader 8.1.2 due to:-

Error.1401 could not create key\.rmf\acroexch.rmffile\shell new, Verify that you have sufficient access to the key.

Anyone know how to slove this??

Pls..

1. Choose Start > Run.
2. Type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK to start the Windows Registry Editor.
3. Navigate to the following two registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.svg
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.svgz
4. Right-click on each key and set the rights for the SYSTEM account to Full.

I really cant find the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.svg and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.svgz

Pls help ...

Click on the HKEY_Local_Machine area then click after you find the Classes menu and so on. Just like you were going thru Windows.

I can find the path of

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\

But, dont have .svg and .svgz after the Classes\.

Pls .....

Well then that is part of the problem. If you have to change the hex code for a entry that isnt there. Then that is where the issue starts. But i am trying to figure out why Osiris linked you to Illistrator issue when you said reader...

So lets start with are you up to date with all updates? HAve you check Adobe site for any noformation on this? There doesnt even seem to be any info on this at the Adobe site. So either try to download it again. Or contact Adobe. There is nothing more we can do since there is no information on this error with Reader. Sorry.

Well then that is part of the problem. If you have to change the hex code for a entry that isnt there. Then that is where the issue starts. But i am trying to figure out why Osiris linked you to Illistrator issue when you said reader...

So lets start with are you up to date with all updates? HAve you check Adobe site for any noformation on this? There doesnt even seem to be any info on this at the Adobe site. So either try to download it again. Or contact Adobe. There is nothing more we can do since there is no information on this error with Reader. Sorry.

ok..i will contact adobe regarding this...anyway...thank all of your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom