dvd writer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesd0707

Beta member
hi there I'am having serious problems with my dvd writer its a tsstcorp cddvdw sh-s203n/sata drive its showing on my computer but it wont register blank dvds when i try to burn it keeps saying insert correct media however it still plays games and cds as well as blank cds. i have tried uninstall/install rolling back the driver finding updated drivers restored my desktop to a time where it was working but yet it still didnt work. i'am using vso convertx to burn and when watching dvds i use windows media player + codecs.

I'am a mcdst and have usually the knowlege to fix this problem but i or any of my colleuges have never came across this before i would be very greatful if some1 could help and would give my services to any1 who can help thanx!!!!

What operating system?
What burning software?
Did you try another app?
Is this the same brand of media that worked before?
Does it read any DVDs? You mentioned CDs, but not DVDs.

Could be that the dvd player is nearing the end of it's lifespan. How long have you had it, and/or how much use has it had? Try testing it in another pc, just to check that it definately is the dvd drive itself that's the problem, not anything on your pc (drivers, codec etc.).
Also, if you have another dvd drive spare, put that in the pc that's having problems and see if that recognizes blank dvds. Again just to check that the system is fine.

Maybe it had served its purpose. Maybe the writing lead had already expired. If the program and its drivers is fine, then the problem lies in the hardware. How about using other programs like nero or alcohol? Check it out if it still won't burn.

thanx guy's think it could be just need a new drive think'll may even have to take it back to the shop (kinda embarrising) but thnx anyway let me know if you need any help in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom