My new build... Input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm the 8600 might not cut it for COD4, ugh my internets crapping up on me so i can't look at prices of stuff. Gonna have to go to sleep soon, hopefully someone else will come along and help you out.

would the E2180 overclock as much as the E6550

at the moment, i think ill stick with the E6550

Is there anything like... inbetween the 8800 and the 8600 for cheaper?... Will a radeon card work with this build? are they cheaper cards?

e2180 overclocks better with its 10x Multiplier

nothing in between the 8800 and 8600, but on ATI's side there is the HD3850 256mb

I really like you setup Pain, but if you were interested in doing some gaming, I highly suggest you get a card in the 8800 series. Even though they are a little more expensive, the technology will last longer and keep up with games longer that the 8600's do. As for the motherboard, I'm not a big gigabyte fan, had issues in the past. However, that was with the AMD 3200+ series ;) I know people that have said nothing but good things about gigabyte boards. All in all, thats a **** of a deal considering what you are getting vs. what you are spending.

Thanks for the input everybody.

I am ging to put this build off for a little while.

I am going to finish overclocking my P4 and my Radeon X800 XL and then sell it... Then I will probably buy this one!

Goodluck with selling the p4 :)

I do recommend the E6550, mines @ 3.0ghz and i have seen people on this forum with 3.5ghz.

For the graphics card i do recommend the 8800gs over the 8600gt since the gt isn't that good for the price (unless you can find a really cheap one that you will do light/medium gaming on) but the 8800gs is definitely better and will give you extra frame rates which will be worth the money :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom